Friday, April 3, 2009

panic

Grab my wallet. Grab my checks. Who'm i writing checks to? Pen? There it is. Ok. Tuck it in. flatten the creases. They're not going away. Ok. Fuck it. let's go. - Deep breath . Ok. Down the steps. Bye-bye to the great sexy woman. Goodbye. Wish me good luck, baby? No? Ok. No worry. Take care. Front door and I'm out. Sunny as shit. Damn. Damn this sun. I can barely fucking see. And I'm going to be sweating in ten friggin seconds. C'mon car be unlocked. Of course it's locked. Of course of course. Alright. 1st gear let's go. Bently's got two babies. A year apart? A year apart. Steve is gone on vacation. Who's replacing him? I needed Steve to be there. Fuckin' Steve. What the hell, man. He can go anywhere, at any time. And those women. The man has STD's, I'm sure. I hope he pays for the girls medications and doctors visits. That cheap fucker. That selfish bitch. Whatever. This has to happen. This is it. And if it isn't, then it's over to Chase. Chase and Richard. Richard with the cancer. Cancer and the mustache. Ok. Here we go. Walking. Clear the head. 80,000. That's what I'm going for. 2.1 interest and quarterly payments. Quarterly payments. 80,000. 2.1. -Deep breath.

Cute lady behind the counter. Very nice. Hello. Yup. Long hallway. Very fucking long hallway. Jesus. How many people work here? Are they all loans? Jesus. I'm not going to get this. 80,000. 80, thousand. Deep breath. Knock loud. Knock like you've got someplace else to be. Smile, look at my watch. Yup. It's five till. Yup. I'm early. Surely, I'll sit where ever the fuck. Thank you. Yeah? No. Really? Sure. Scotch. Mmm. Oh, thanks. Sip? Yeah. Fuck I'm shaking. Drink. Deep breath- wow. I can't drink this. What did I eat today? Not much. Am I hungry? No, I'm nervous and they're so cool. They're cool as shit. They don't care about this. This is just eating up their day. This isn't going to happen. And Steve is not here. 80,000. No that is not a joke. Oh, you're joking. That's funny. No that is not funny. Yes. 80,000. Well, Steve said he'd allow me the interest rate to be as low as 2.1 percent. Yes, sir. Steve is on vacation. You can talk to him all you want. Please make this happen here, today, though. I really can't wait for Steve. C'mon, c'mon. Fucking Steve. Fuck Steve. Selfish mother fucker. Oh, god. yeah, here's all the paper work. You already have it in my file. You have my file in that computer. That is hilarious he doesn't even need to bring up my file. He's never looked at my file. This dude. Oh man. Oh please. That's dated yesterday, sir. Printed them especially for you. I was agreeing to quarterly payments. When I was talking with Steve. Vancouver. I think he's in Vancouver. I have no idea what's he's doing in Vancouver, sir. Why? We don't have to wait until he gets back. Well, his out box message from his email says he'll return the 23rd. No, I was hoping to get this sooner, sir. I really wish to - OK. Alright. Yeah. No, that's fine. Sorry. We'll speak about this when Steve gets back then. Thank you for your time. Yeah. Take care. Oh, my god. I'll see my own fucking way out thanks. Just looking at the carpet. Just getting the hell out. Down this huge hallway. I forgot to mention Bently's babies. Damn it. I was rushing. Now it's really not going to happen. Well, it doesn't matter. I wouldn't be able to wait until Steve got back anyway. Damn it. Chase. Chase and a mustache with cancer. Oh, god. Now I really can't look nervous, stressed or like this is my only option. Oh fuck. This is my only option. Why the fuck do I ever lock my door? Damn this piece of shit car. I wish it would get stolen and I could cash in on that ridiculous insurance. God I need this money. Ok. I need to breathe. Red light. Just cool it. Breathe. Green. If this guy fucking cuts me off. Damn it! God, punching the dashboard hurts. Errrr. It hurts! That fucking driver! Breathe. My heart is pumping. I can feel it in my chest man. Cool it. Could I get a heart attack this young? Never say never. Never say never? When the hell did I start saying that phrase? Red light. Great, right next to the douche bag. Glad he sped up and cut me off just to get to this light sooner than me. Ass-hole. Green. Let's park this car far from the entrance. I just want to walk up. I don't want them to see me getting out of this piece of shit. Lock the door? Not this time. Is it Richard? it's Richard with the cancer. Oh, man I hope I don't say that out loud. Another nice looking receptionist. Good looking. Damn. Are my palms sweaty? That is sad I can predict that woman would make my palms sweaty. My girl is just fine for me. I should be lusting for her and not the palm sweat inducing beauty not deserving such devotion. But damn I would be devoted if she'd let me. Knock again. New approach? Maybe courteous this time? I've got no place else to be. I'm ready. I have my papers. I'm in no hurry. Hello. Smile greet'em with pleasure. I'm plastic and they see through me, but they all are plastic as well. This is going fine. I smell like scotch? Oh, I just had lunch with a buddy. He's getting married. Then to Tahiti. Yeah. He kind of decided Tahiti over lunch. The Hawaiian decor somehow made him think of Tahiti, and he'd never been. Uh, June. June something. I don't think he even knows. So, yeah. Richard right? Thanks, a seat would be nice. Yeah, here you are, all the paper work is in there. Still sweating from the palms. Damn that. Let's just remain still. Let's not rub the sweat. I bet I stink. Yeah, I definitely can smell fumes creeping up through my collar. I'm really glad there is a desk between us. Oh. Oh sorry, yes I realize you don't really do quarterly payments here. That file was for a different uh- y'know I'm just weighing my options. The right papers are actually in my car, I must have switched them. Do you have a minute? It'll only take a minute. I don't mean to tie you up, sorry. Um... tomorrow? No, I understand lunch is important. Let me just grab the papers and I'll be back in a flash. Tomorrow? Really? Ummmm.... Yeah... 3 could work for me. No, you don't have to call me to confirm, I'll call you. Wow, I'm really sorry I came so unprepared. This is embarrassing, but tomorrow. I'll be here 3pm sharp. Yes, thank you sir. OK then. Have a good lunch... Where the hell does this guy go for lunch that he needs to rush there? Who's his date that couldn't wait a few minutes? He must be on someone else's clock. He must be fucking someone. A hotel arrangement with a hooker. One hour starting after the ten minutes it takes him to drive there. Damn it, the hot girl again. Of course she doesn't look at me. She doesn't need to. She knows I'd be devoted. Any man would. Especially a desperate one like me. God I hate being so desperate! I need cash. I need fucking money. tomorrow!? I'm going to go crazy tonight. How the fuck can I get money? Rob a fucking store? This is insane. I need to eat some food maybe. Maybe thick meat. That'll make me tired and I'll calm the fuck down. Cool off. breathe.

No comments: